“If you could go back in time and restart your journey, knowing what you know now, would you?”
What an interesting question - Putting aside any “butterfly effect” stuff the answer is yes. The logical follow up question is what would I do differently? Here is a quick list.
- I’d take more pictures - When I started this journey I was so ashamed of who I was, that I avoided the cameras at all costs. Unfortunately, this means I have few points of reference to look back on and the ones I do are hard to really see. So if I could do it again, more pictures - every angle - even the full monty. :p
- I’d throw away the fricking scale. I spent years obsessing over numbers, even getting into some scary pre-weigh in rituals that bordered on ed. Even today I am still a slave to that damn thing.
- I would focus on mental health sooner in my journey. Specifically grief, forgiveness and self love.
- I’d try new things sooner, specifically lifting, yoga, zumba, weight lifting and plant based diets.
- I’d understand that it was going to take longer than I’d like and I was going to mess up and fall back and that is totally ok.
- Most importantly, I’d spend a lot less time worrying about what others thought about me. I’d wear shorts, i’d go swimming, i’d run and sweat and be fabulous and not give a shit what others think.
So yes, dear anon, I would do things differently but then again, I am pretty happy with where I am now, so perhaps I will just keep them in mind as I go forward.
Thanks for the great question!